walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Bum slide and green nuts

Bum slide and green nuts

by Merry-walker » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Route description: Cairn Gorm and the northern corries

Munros included on this walk: Cairn Gorm

Date walked: 06/03/2011

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Distance: 13 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Bum slide and green nuts

Postby foggieclimber » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:44 am

I wondered if the green nuts were as a result of the bum slide
foggieclimber

Postby lomondwalkers » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:17 pm

Brilliant report MW :thumbup: Cant beat a bit of bum sliding on the descent :lol: Loving the pic of Rudolph.

I think i'll have to get joined up with a Glasgow group and get that Munro tally of and running, been sticking to ones I've done already and smaller hills after my Beinn Ime catastrophe :lol:
lomondwalkers
Mountain Walker

Munros:143   Corbetts:57
Fionas:57   Donalds:73
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:3   Islands:4

Postby theboydonald » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:06 pm

Glad you enjoyed yourself. I was earning brownie points to justify being away this weekend and up to Roy Bridge next,looked a decent turn out for this early in the year.Typical mind,I have been in the club for two years and walked in sunshine once, and the meet I miss....
theboydonald

Munros:135   

Postby 2dalmatians » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:51 pm

Magic report MW - you obviosuly have the same socks that Ruby wears with her boots! One question - no Mez? :-(((
2dalmatians
Mountaineer

Munros:38   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:7   

Postby skuk007 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:55 pm

Nice report and great pics MW. Great to see the views you get on a clear day.

kinley wrote:... pretty sure Hazel and I passed your group on the top of Cairn Lochain and then overtook you just before the car park ...
Where are all your Walk Highland badges!! :lol:
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Postby Merry-walker » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:00 pm

potace wrote:Great report Jac. Looks like i missed a good one. Just one small point though. You don't belong to our club, we own you!

:shock: :lol:

foggieclimber wrote:I wondered if the green nuts were as a result of the bum slide

Quite possibly.. although Graham's nuts had a hint of mustard too (what's that all about?) :o

lomondwalkers wrote:Brilliant report MW :thumbup: Cant beat a bit of bum sliding on the descent :lol: Loving the pic of Rudolph.

I think i'll have to get joined up with a Glasgow group and get that Munro tally of and running, been sticking to ones I've done already and smaller hills after my Beinn Ime catastrophe :lol:

I looked like Rudolph after all that sun :lol:

theboydonald wrote:Glad you enjoyed yourself. I was earning brownie points to justify being away this weekend and up to Roy Bridge next,looked a decent turn out for this early in the year.Typical mind,I have been in the club for two years and walked in sunshine once, and the meet I miss....

Shame you couldn't make it.... next time though :)

2dalmatians wrote:Magic report MW - you obviosuly have the same socks that Ruby wears with her boots! One question - no Mez? :-(

Not allowed to take her on club meets. She had a great 6 mile run on the Saturday though, up to my fave haunts... :D

skuk007 wrote:Nice report and great pics MW. Great to see the views you get on a clear day.

kinley wrote:... pretty sure Hazel and I passed your group on the top of Cairn Lochain and then overtook you just before the car park ...
Where are all your Walk Highland badges!! :lol:

I have mines on the rucksack and one on my every day coat 8)
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Munros:65   Corbetts:53
Fionas:12   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Postby yokehead » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:04 pm

Sorry, late in replying, but a cracking and entertaining report in all respects including all of the replies and banter! :D 8) Green nuts and bum hops, the mind boggles. :)

My favourite:
Merry-walker wrote:I practised shoving the axe into the iced snow in an attempt to look professional and cool

I'm still trying to find this method in the manual! :lol: :lol: :wink:
yokehead

Munros:73   Corbetts:9
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:118
Wainwrights:23   

Postby Bruadair » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Hi MW,

Superb report and fantastic photo's..................looks to have been a really good day out..............I take it with your nursing experience you were able to give some valuable medical advice and input for Graham and his green nuts.

Best regards.............B
Bruadair
Mountaineer

Postby Merry-walker » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:28 pm

yokehead wrote:Sorry, late in replying, but a cracking and entertaining report in all respects including all of the replies and banter! :D 8) Green nuts and bum hops, the mind boggles. :)

My favourite:
Merry-walker wrote:I practised shoving the axe into the iced snow in an attempt to look professional and cool

I'm still trying to find this method in the manual! :lol: :lol: :wink:

It was a right laugh, I just couldn't get going and I blame the socks. Thank god no one saw them, they're outragious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bruadair wrote:Hi MW,

Superb report and fantastic photo's..................looks to have been a really good day out..............I take it with your nursing experience you were able to give some valuable medical advice and input for Graham and his green nuts.

Best regards.............B

Thankyou Bruadair

I'm afraid Graham's nuts are well past their sell by date to save :lol: :lol:
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

Postby Taraloo » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Amazing photos! Cant believe that herd of deer just lay there, how cool! I've had a few wee shots at bum hopping too but only on very short bursts of snow as I am positive I wouldnt be able to stop! great fun though :lol: I would love to do ones as covered in snow as that but I dont have crampons and need more experienced walkers with me too. :( never mind, fab report and brilliant photos. well done! :clap:
Taraloo
Mountain Walker

Munros:20   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   
Sub 2000:2   

Postby sketch » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Great report, the photos told the whole story perfectly, only one photo missing "The green peanuts" :lol:
sketch
Mountaineer

Munros:19   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:2

Postby hooker » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:17 pm

great report always like reading about your walks you always see the fun side of things if its there do it
i would love to do a bum slide but unfortunately to old now. carry on enjoying the walks and having lots of fun doing them. :D
hooker
Mountaineer

Postby jimandandrea » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:20 am

:clap: well done on winning 1st prize! also thank you for such a wonderful report. The announcement prompted to read your report again & I enjoyed it even more second time round. It is definately a report to read when we have grey days as it bound to make you laugh out :lol: loud
jimandandrea
Munro compleatist

Munros:264   Corbetts:6
Hewitts:97
Wainwrights:214   

Postby Merry-walker » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:13 pm

:D :D :D :D

So kind, thank you all... :)
Merry-walker
Mountaineer

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland