walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Fantastic glen walk

Fantastic glen walk

Postby gld73 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:44 am

Date walked: 21/03/2021

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 27 km

Ascent: 1000m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Saw what looked like an interesting glen whilst studying maps and was surprised not to find any walk reports covering it. Even google didn't bring much up at all. Decided to investigate it anyway ....first couple of hours were fairly standard scenery, then things took a step up and I was amazed at how enjoyable the walk was and how impressive the scenery was. Thought I'd end up doing an out-and-back walk, but I kept going past the time I should have turned around, and fortunately managed to climb out of the glen and head back a more direct (but less beautiful) way than the full return route would have ended up. Then I discovered you're not meant to advertise it?! So there goes my walk report. Longer than I expected, and certainly more up and down, but all worth it.
APDC8080.JPG

APDC8081.JPG

APDC8085.JPG

APDC8089.JPG
gld73

Munros:178   Corbetts:76
Fionas:69   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:94   Hewitts:60
Wainwrights:107   Islands:13

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland