walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Tullich Hill and Beinn Bhreac

Tullich Hill and Beinn Bhreac

Postby David Lyall » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:17 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Beinn Bhreac (Loch Lomond), Tullich Hill

Date walked: 03/04/2021

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 9 km

Ascent: 900m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

The weather was looking good so I decided to tackle a couple of locals hills while lock down was still a thing. I parked at the walkers parking space and set of in perfect sunshine set off along the road a short distance passed Tullich farm then then of up the hill well sign posted
Tullich Hill 3.jpg
plenty sheep on the road near Tullich Farm

Tullich Hill 5.jpg
Well sign posted on the road side

I followed the four by four tracks until I got to the deer fence I couldn’t find much of a path after that and no sign of a gate at the second deer fence nearer the top.
Tullich Hill 4.jpg
Nearly at the top

I found it a real slog getting up but the views as you come to the top towards The Cobbler were worth it.
Tullich Hill.jpg
at the top of Tullich showing great views to wards the Arrochar Alps

Tullich hill 2.jpg
A glimps of Arrochar while heading over to Ben Reoch

I had a quick coffee break then headed over to Ben Reoch another slog and then on to Beinn Bhreac. The views again were great I had some more to eat looking down on Loch Lomond.
Tullich hill 1.jpg
Beinn Bhreac

Beinn Bhreac.jpg
Loch Lomond from Beinn Bhreac

On the way down I passed three walkers heading up I was relieved to hear that they were finding the getting up a real slog as well. Glad I came out today I certainly needed the exercise and the weather could not have been better.
David Lyall
Munro compleatist

Munros:200   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland