walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Amazing walk for solitude lovers

Amazing walk for solitude lovers

Postby TomasMatulaitis » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 pm

Route description: Mount Battock from Glen Esk

Corbetts included on this walk: Mount Battock

Date walked: 10/04/2021

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 15 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was very enjoyable hike. Kind of sneaky in a way: for 2/3 of ascent I thought its easy walk, but this continuous ascent reminded me that it is not so innocent as I thought it would be :) On the other hand, earlier the day I did my alternative route to Clachnaben, so legs eventually started feeling it. But the views are well worth it. Same as for Clachnaben - it should look so amazing in August when all is in violet bloom!
Also, when I will come here next time, I will take my bike - the descent will be peanuts with bike. On ascent there is a boggy interval close to the summit, so that part might be a bit challenging to bring bike, but other than that it is not as steep as Clachnaben or Hill of Rowan. It was very enjoyable to see a "tiny" Clachnaben in a distance from the top. Sadly, forgot to look for Mount Keen, probably it is also visible.
TomasMatulaitis
Wanderer

Munros:153   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:14   
Islands:17

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland