walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cairn Table

Cairn Table

Postby Gkilgour » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:19 pm

Route description: Cairn Table, near Muirkirk

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Cairn Table

Date walked: 13/04/2021

Time taken: 1.5 hours

Distance: 9.35 km

Ascent: 305m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I walked up this hill as I was ‘allowed’ at this time of restrictions. It had been dry for a while so following the recommended route was ok but I wouldn’t go this way again especially if there had been any rain as it was quite wet. The real reason for writing this is to recommend that you take the drovers path (the one on the return route from Walkhighland - to start and follow The road till a big bridge goes off to the right. Keep on the road for another 50 m or so and as you approach the river turn left up the hill (there is a way marker) follow this path all the way to the top - as it is far less boggy. If you wanted a circular route you could return by the steeper path and be able to put clean socks and shoes on at your car! The route that I have suggested is marked on the WH map as a foot path further to the SW than the blue marked suggested route for the return. I hope that makes sense!?
Gkilgour
Mountaineer

Munros:119   Corbetts:11
Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   
Islands:34

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland