walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Dalavich falls - 2 of 3

Dalavich falls - 2 of 3

Postby Teffios » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:08 pm

Route description: Barnaline Oakwoods and Avich Falls, near Dalavich

Date walked: 16/04/2021

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 5.25 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was our second walk of the day, and confusingly was more like two walks from the same starting point (Dalavich Oakwood car park), each with their own distinct character.

The red route was a pleasant, airy ramble with a pleasing lack of bog underfoot. We did it just before the trees had got particularly serious about any of that leafy springtime business, and I should imagine that it would be transformed with a few more weeks to put some green on the boughs.

The blue route took us past some cracking wee falls, with plunge pools for hardier souls than me, plus a happy smattering of picnic benches. It was a sunny, dry day in the Easter holidays and even with lockdown still restricting travel, I was really surprised we saw no-one apart from another mother and daughter near the end.

Now we've found the spot, I'll happily go back another sunny day with a picnic to spend more time dabbling and paddling.

High points from daughter: plenty of troll bridges, pretty falls.
Attachments
PXL_20210416_130246942.jpg
PXL_20210416_123825339.MP.jpg
PXL_20210416_132829910.jpg
Teffios
Mountain Walker

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland