walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cnoc Coinnich

Cnoc Coinnich

Postby colinwatson » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:59 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Cnoc Coinnich

Date walked: 15/04/2021

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 19 km

Ascent: 1000m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A beautiful sunny morning when I parked at Ardgarten for the walk along the quiet road to Coilessan. Although there were signs at Ardgarten to say that the Coilessan car park was closed, it was only when I arrived at Coilessan that there were signs saying that the area was closed due to felling. Had the signs been placed earlier, I would have obliged, but as I had now walked to get here and there was nobody about, I pressed on regardless.

As usual, the pull up to the bealach between The Brack and Cnoc Coinnich was hard going, but once there, it was a straightforward walk to the summit, where the view extended from Arran to Mull, via Cruachan.

Arrochar Alps.jpg
The Arrochar Alps from the summit

Ben Donich.jpg
Looking north west over Ben Donich

Ben Lomond.jpg
Ben Lomond from the summit

Quite a contrast to my first visit in 2016 when I could only see for a matter of yards.

I dropped down to the bealach, then had a short detour to the 578m spot height before retracing my steps.

Ben Lomond from pass.jpg
Ben Lomond from the bealach

From there, it was a straightforward walk back to Ardgarten. There was some tree felling going on as I passed Coliessan, but nobody seemed to be perturbed by my presence.
colinwatson
Stravaiging

Munros:75   Corbetts:38
Fionas:44   Donalds:45
Sub 2000:48   Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:5   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland