walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Irish Law - success this time

Irish Law - success this time

Postby rob munbett » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:03 pm

Date walked: 21/04/2021

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 6.8 km

Ascent: 332m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Back in July, this hill beat me. However, that was pre-knee-surgery and today - post knee surgery - my new knee allowed me to take on the 'rough stuff' on this hill, which has been bugging me for months. Admittedly, I took on the shorter route from Blairpark rather than the Greeto bridge route but there was still plenty of demanding terrain once the track was left behind.
P1040600.JPG
Heading up the track towards Irish Law
Not much to describe , really. I left the track and waded through the wet, tussocky moorland then contoured around the south side of Feuside Hill.
IMG_20210421_114354.jpg
Heading across the moorland to Feuside Hill and Irish Law
I dropped down to cross a stream and headed up the slopes of Irish Law on quite a good path (surprisingly) which led all the way to the summit trig.
P1040601.JPG
On the summit, looking over to Arran
The skies were blue and the sun was shining but there was a cold wind blowing - cold enough for hat, gloves and Gore-Tex jacket - so it wasn't a place to linger. A few photos later and a quick drink, I was off back down the hillside. A small hill but I still felt good!

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

rob munbett
Hill Bagger

Munros:257   Corbetts:133
Fionas:70   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:97   Hewitts:30
Wainwrights:40   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland