walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Vane

Ben Vane

Postby colinwatson » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:53 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Vane

Date walked: 22/04/2021

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 19 km

Ascent: 1200m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I arrived at Inveruglas car park at 8.30 and whilst there were some spaces, it was filling up quickly! A beautiful, sunny morning.

Ben LOmond from Inveruglas.jpg
Ben Lomond from Inveruglas

Ben Vane.jpg
Ben Vane on the walk-in

As there were some bridge repairs being carried out, a diversion was in place, which had the bonus of being off the hard road. The path to the summit is steep and pretty unrelenting. Just below the top, I had a very awkward scramble, although I suspect that there must be a more straightforward option. Once at the top, I have the most wonderful views.

Loch Lomond from summit.jpg
Loch Lomond from the summit

After something to eat, I made my way along the ridge, over a few lumps and bumps to Beinn Dubh.

Ben Ime.jpg
Ben Ime from the Beinn Dubh ridge

From there, I started to make my way down to Sloy dam, managing to avoid the rocky outcrops.

Ben Vane from Ben Dubh.jpg
Ben Vane & Ben Lomond from Beinn Dubh

Therefter, it was a pleasant, though hot walk down the road to the car. Hard to believe it is 42 years since my last visit to thhis hill!
colinwatson
Stravaiging

Munros:75   Corbetts:38
Fionas:44   Donalds:45
Sub 2000:48   Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:5   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland