walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A'Chailleach

A'Chailleach

Postby Nige R » Sat May 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Munros included on this walk: A' Chailleach (Monadhliath)

Date walked: 16/05/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Was up here on the only sunny day last Summer! Had to miss Carn Dearg as my wife was collecting me from road head and I was behind time schedule due to late start note to anyone taking descent route I took down Gleann Ballach and between Meall Na Ceardaich/Creag Liath, it is hard going until you reach track to Glenballoch and it may be as well to carry on around to Carn Dearg and quite likely take no longer!
2006_0806Image0089.JPG
Heavy going down there!
Last edited by Nige R on Thu May 28, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nige R

Munros:13   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   
Hewitts:97
Wainwrights:39   

Re: A'Chailleach

Postby mountain coward » Sun May 17, 2009 12:57 am

Shoulda made her wait - I would have! Now you've got all that distance to do again round to Carn Dearg! She at least had a nice place to sit and wait for you...
mountain coward

Postby Nige R » Fri May 22, 2009 4:24 pm

Have you met my wife?!
mountain coward wrote:Shoulda made her wait - I would have! Now you've got all that distance to do again round to Carn Dearg! She at least had a nice place to sit and wait for you...
Nige R

Munros:13   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   
Hewitts:97
Wainwrights:39   

Postby mountain coward » Sat May 23, 2009 5:01 am

Fierce is she? :lol:
mountain coward

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland