walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Carn na h-Easgainn (march edition)

Carn na h-Easgainn (march edition)

Postby Jaxter » Fri May 07, 2021 12:40 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Càrn na h-Easgainn

Date walked: 27/03/2021

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 7.08 km

Ascent: 300m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I'd had to work first thing (during the best of the weather, typically :roll: ) but was keen to get out and do something as I was feeling reasonable - which is as good as it gets at the moment. We drove the few miles down the road to Lynebeg and parked up. It was windy but sunny as we headed down the track towards the cottages.

We could see the track winding its way steeply uphill - it was going to be hard work.

As we climbed slowly, we were able to see the Cairngorm plateau - we hoped to see more of this from higher up, but...weather :lol:

Ben Wyvis appearing behind Meall Mor

It was lunchtime and I was knackered, so we found a peat hag that would shelter us from the wind while we ate. It wasn't warm but at least we weren't being blasted :lol:

After food and a rest we carried on - before too long the gradient eased for a bit

The last time we'd been up here everything had been under snow and people were skiing back down! Despite the lack of snow it didn't really feel any warmer :shock:

Looking down towards Strath Nairn

Ben Wyvis

The Cairngorms - still clear!

Inverness and the Moray firth

It wasn't a day for hanging about, and although we had considered going the long way back, I was tired and wanting to avoid overdoing it (again). The wind felt more like it was behind us on the way down and it was much easier going
Attachments

activity_6501120858.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Jaxter
Wanderer

Munros:217   Corbetts:139
Fionas:90   Donalds:49+13
Sub 2000:129   Hewitts:69
Wainwrights:81   Islands:35

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland