walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Munro?

Munro?

Postby Rose Meera » Tue May 11, 2021 12:00 pm

Route description: Beinn Dearg - the Four Munros circuit

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Dearg (Ullapool), Cona' Mheall, Eididh nan Clach Geala, Meall nan Ceapraichean

Date walked: 11/05/2021

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 12 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hi, I hope someone can help me because I don't know on which mountain I was. :crazy: .I walked up on a hill opposite Loch Dorma..after the first hill I headed north and after the second hill I walked up a bigger mountain..I suppose I was close to Beinn Dearg but on his east side probably..? :roll:
Attachments
ZOE_1755.jpg
ZOE_1752.jpg
ZOE_1753.jpg
ZOE_1757.jpg
Rose Meera
Walker

Re: Munro?

Postby jmarkb » Tue May 11, 2021 12:11 pm

I think you were on Beinn Enaiglair https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/corbetts/beinn-enaiglair
Beinn Dearg is the snowy dome-shaped hill in your 3rd photo.
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Postby simon-b » Tue May 11, 2021 8:34 pm

You might not have known where you were, Rose. But, happily, you seem to have found your way back!
simon-b
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:30
Fionas:7   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:155
Wainwrights:214   Islands:4

Postby gaffr » Wed May 12, 2021 9:03 am

Have only ever approached this hill from the Beinn Dearg group of hills. After leaving behind the big handrail of a well made dry-stane dyke there was some interesting terrain and the hill Iorguill before getting to getting to Enaiglair....a pleasant finish to my day out and a lift home awaiting me at Braemore junction.
Were you the person who drooped the car keys above the Dam at Cuaich?....found?
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

Postby R1ggered » Thu May 13, 2021 3:15 pm

Rose Meera, your certainly getting the best of luck on the hills at the momment between losing your keys and having them returned. its easy to go wayward out on the hills but most importantly getting back safely is paramount. Stay safe. :clap:
R1ggered
Mountain Walker

Munros:175   

Postby Rose Meera » Sun May 23, 2021 11:43 pm

gaffr wrote:Have only ever approached this hill from the Beinn Dearg group of hills. After leaving behind the big handrail of a well made dry-stane dyke there was some interesting terrain and the hill Iorguill before getting to getting to Enaiglair....a pleasant finish to my day out and a lift home awaiting me at Braemore junction.
Were you the person who drooped the car keys above the Dam at Cuaich?....found?
:wink:
Yes, I am the lucky one..I got the keys back. Mark found it 100 metres away from the dam and contacted me over this page.. :D
Rose Meera
Walker

Postby Rose Meera » Sun May 23, 2021 11:48 pm

R1ggered wrote:Rose Meera, your certainly getting the best of luck on the hills at the momment between losing your keys and having them returned. its easy to go wayward out on the hills but most importantly getting back safely is paramount. Stay safe. :clap:

I hope I haven't used all my luck so far but getting my lost key back was outstanding..but life wouldn't be so exciting with all the little unexpected adventures in my life :D :lol: Take care!!
Rose Meera
Walker

Postby Rose Meera » Sun May 23, 2021 11:54 pm

jmarkb wrote:I think you were on Beinn Enaiglair https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/corbetts/beinn-enaiglair

Thank you..good to know where I have been ..sounds not so bad..even I can't pronounce it :lol: ..Thank you
Rose Meera
Walker

Postby Rose Meera » Sun May 23, 2021 11:57 pm

simon-b wrote:You might not have known where you were, Rose. But, happily, you seem to have found your way back!

Aye, I have not a good coordination sense but I got always home so far.. :lol:
Rose Meera
Walker

Postby jmarkb » Mon May 24, 2021 8:53 am

Rose Meera wrote:Aye, I have not a good coordination sense but I got always home so far.

If you are intending to keep going to the hills on your own, then doing some work to improve your navigation skills, or going on a course, might be a sensible plan!
jmarkb
Mountaineer

Munros:246   Corbetts:105
Fionas:91   Donalds:32
Sub 2000:46   

Postby al78 » Mon May 24, 2021 4:37 pm

jmarkb wrote:I think you were on Beinn Enaiglair https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/corbetts/beinn-enaiglair

I agree. It sounds like the route was on a marked path (on the OS map) from the west end of loch Droma, up to Meallan Mhurchaidh, and along the NW ridge to Beinn Enaiglair. If you turn 90 degrees right and join the summits bearing right along the ridge you will end up on Beinn Dearg. Looks like that route would give a nice view down craggy slopes into the glen which is the route up from Inverlael.
al78
Walker

Munros:32   Corbetts:9
Donalds:1

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland