walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cow-free Craiglich

Cow-free Craiglich

Postby KatTai » Tue May 11, 2021 4:12 pm

Route description: Craiglich, near Tarland

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Craiglich

Date walked: 10/05/2021

Time taken: 1 hours

Distance: 4.5 km

Ascent: 199m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Finally made it back round to do Craiglich! The previous time which was a couple of years ago there were cows in the field so I went elsewhere, yesterday though the gates were open as the farmer was doing work in the field and there were no cows (I did have a plan B if there were cows there).

No issues with parking, the layby was empty when I got there and only had one car there when I got back. Very easy route following the track up, turning at a cairn in the forest, and following the track across heather to the summit. We looked in danger of being caught in one of the downpours that could be seen cutting across the surrounding landscape, but aside from a few drops avoided getting caught out in the rain.

New hill to add to the list for all of us, at just over an hour to do and a nice gentle ascent it was perfect for Moss who had a physio appointment later on in the afternoon for her spondylosis.

9.JPG

11.JPG

16.JPG

21.JPG

25.JPG

31.JPG
KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:53   
Islands:32

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland