walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

CCP - Lochan Oisinneach Mor

CCP - Lochan Oisinneach Mor

Postby Gordie12 » Fri May 14, 2021 4:00 pm

Date walked: 14/05/2021

Time taken: 5.6 hours

Distance: 30.2 km

Ascent: 452m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Started my walk just after 6:30am this morning which was good timing as the rain stopped about ten minutes before arriving at the car park.

Legs felt a bit off today and I was never able to generate my normal pace.

Pretty wet after Loch Ordie so a bit slower and more tiring so ended up stopping at the near side of loch OM rather than walking to the far side and back.

Still quite cold at the loch side so just time for a sandwich and a bit of chocolate before heading off back down the track. After Loch Ordie the track was surprisingly quiet with just a few mountain bikers and dog walkers.

Today's walk ended up being 1 mile shorter than my normal route.
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland