walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sron na Creise - North Ridge + Extended Horseshoe

Sron na Creise - North Ridge + Extended Horseshoe

Postby Stripey Hat Guy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:43 pm

Date walked: 10/06/2021

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Distance: 16.5 km

Ascent: 1205m

6 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I parked at the Glen Etive Road and walked down to the bridge where the big parking spaces are and tried to cross the Etive there before heading more or less straight to the foot of the Sron na Creise North Ridge.
At the beginning the terrain is rather flat with 2/3 really step steps in it which are from 10-40 altitude meters and at some point nearly vertical (depending on the route picked).
Further up I stayed more or less always left hand sided on the ridge, ok I did several unnecessary crossings to the right but always went back to the ridge as it is much easier/safer in my opinion.

The rock is incredible good/sharp/solid and it is basically at anytime possible to pick an easier alternative if you would get stuck.

This is a phenomenal great hiking/scramble route up to Sron na Creise. After reaching the top I just followed the main path to Creise and Meall a Bhuiridh and then decending over the broad shoulder back the the river etive.

Fantastic day out, definitely recommend it to any keen hill walker.

Video Memory:
Stripey Hat Guy

6 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland