walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Meall na h-Aodainn Moire

Meall na h-Aodainn Moire

Postby rob munbett » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:25 pm

Date walked: 09/06/2021

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 6.2 km

Ascent: 443m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I was up in the area and I had a morning to play with. I've been up Vrackie a few times so I thought I'd have a walk up the Hump and the 2 Tumps to the S.W. of the summit. However, the weather wasn't being kind to me and as I left the lower car park and went into the woods I was already in the low-lying mist. Maybe it'll clear a bit, I thought to myself. No chance! The further up on the path I went, the thicker the mist. Really, I was wasting my time but I wanted to get to the top of something. I reached the junction of the bealach path and the Vrackie path - which way? I decided to take on the Hump. I soon reached the high point of the track and the map indicated that it was only a short distance to the 663 summit.
IMG_20210609_112151.jpg
Where I left the bealach path
There was, however, absolutely no visibility and the heather was very deep and soaking wet. Soon, though, I reached the top, marked by a small heap of stones. I'm sure the view would have been good .... if there had been one.
IMG_20210609_111023.jpg
The spectacular summit of Meall na h-Aodainn Moire
I just trudged back through the heather to the track and went back down to the car and into Pitlochry for a morning coffee. At least something had been achieved ... and there is always another day.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

rob munbett
Hill Bagger

Munros:257   Corbetts:133
Fionas:70   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:97   Hewitts:30
Wainwrights:40   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland