walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Bit Breezy...!

Bit Breezy...!

Postby andy2021 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:08 pm

Route description: Triple Buttress of Coire Mhic Fhearchair

Date walked: 13/06/2021

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 14 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

After going to Cuaig's fantastic little beach, I decided the next day to see the Triple Buttress's. A great walk with excellent views even though the tops were cloud covered. It got a bit breezy as I neared the Loch (30 - 40mph gusts) with the waterfall often being blown upwards. Went to the scree-chute but no further as a couple of times I was scrabbling around on all fours so those gusts must have been nearing 60 - 70mph. Typically, it turned to driving rain for part of the way back... And then even a few sunny spells! This handsome chap (photo) came to check I was OK - or maybe it was my roll he was interested in! I had seen the girls further up the hill but they kept a safe 50 - 100 yd distance.
Attachments
IMG_20210614_084759.jpg
andy2021

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland