walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cnoc Coinnich

Cnoc Coinnich

Postby David Lyall » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:49 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Cnoc Coinnich

Date walked: 21/06/2021

Time taken: 5.3 hours

Distance: 16 km

Ascent: 1080m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

I set off at 9am from the Ardgartan Visitor Centre on my bike at first over the bridge and down towards Loch Long passed the entrance to the hotel and on along towards Coilessan Glen I left the bike where the road takes a sharp right hand fork up the glen, it looks like I could have brought the car as far as hear as there was a carpark of sorts. Walked a long way up on the forest track eventually branching of onto a path through a wooded area then open grass land and onto the saddle between The Brack and my hill for the day.
Coinnich 2.jpg

There are some signs for the Cowal way and some white post on the open grass land, shortly I branched left and headed up the shoulder of Cnoc Coinnich reaching the top just about 11.30. It was a bit hazy but cloud was high and the views of loch Long, Lomond, Goil and Gare Loch were great.
Coinnich1.jpg

Coinnich.jpg

I decided to extend the day and headed over to Beinn Reithe I headed west to avoid dropping down to far then headed back east to reach the top with a trig point. I headed back down the way I had come for a bit then headed down the grassy slopes towards the Allt a Guanan burn eventually reaching the edge of the forested area I stayed close but not to close to the burn and managed to get down to the forest road then It was a 2 miles back to the bike and a quick run back to the car good day all round I needed the exercise.
David Lyall
Munro compleatist

Munros:200   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland