walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A fantastic, easy day bagging a Munro

A fantastic, easy day bagging a Munro

Postby HighlandHikers » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:52 am

Route description: Meall Ghaordaidh from Glen Lochay

Munros included on this walk: Meall Ghaordaidh

Date walked: 30/05/2021

Time taken: 4.25 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 871m

7 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Having undertaken a few long hikes baggging a few Munros over the last few weeks I was looking for something a bit easier where I wouldn't need to get up at the crack of dawn and would also be home in time for dinner. Meall Ghaordaidh ticked both of those boxes so I set out on a scorcher of a day to add it to my completed list.

The walk is very straightforward and easy going. The ascent was fairly gradual with no really steep sections, which just added to the enjoyment. There are a lot of great views to be had for the duration of the walk and could easily be completed by anyone just starting out on their Munro Bagging adventures.

HighlandHikers
Hill Bagger

Munros:31   Corbetts:7
Fionas:1   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   

Re: A fantastic, easy day bagging a Munro

Postby csheath73 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:03 pm

Thank you so much for this report. 7 munros in with a dog with a sensitive paw I was looking for one with a softer approach and an easier climb. Perfect! Thank you!!!
csheath73
Hill Bagger

7 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland