walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

a great run on a humid day in 2 hours and 14 minutes

a great run on a humid day in 2 hours and 14 minutes

Postby anthonyrjackson10 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:46 am

Corbetts included on this walk: Càrn na Saobhaidhe

Date walked: 24/06/2021

Time taken: 2.2 hours

Distance: 28 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I decided on an afternoon to run this easy Corbett to take my tally to 152

there is no phone box at the start as the walk guide suggested, there is parking at the side of the road after a bend and before a small bridge for about 6 cars parked safely.

you start buy running along the road and cross the bridge -turn left and go through the gates with birds on them and run along to three small house and pass them - then go along and then over a bridge then take the path which steepens up and then you then go right up a steep path which drops in to a nice glen- then go along to a bridge - cross then up a steep section and keep going on the main path to the summit - its a small cairn and there is a small weather station east of the cairn.

i ran back down in 1 hour the 8.8 miles
Attachments
2EC22A4F-E201-4935-ABF1-1449D1D61783.jpeg
7E4BBA01-28FB-4365-8FC1-B2F5C04B69C2.jpeg

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

anthonyrjackson10
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:186
Fionas:8   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:9   

Re: a great run on a humid day in 2 hours and 14 minutes

Postby OurBootprints » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:40 pm

Hey Anthony,

I know it was last year, but your is the latest report.
Did you see any cows around on the way? Just asking, because we are planning to do the hike with dog and I try to steer far away from any places with cattle on it.

Many thanks
OurBootprints
Backpacker

Munros:35   Corbetts:13
Fionas:17   
Sub 2000:22   
Islands:17

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland