walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn a Bheithir

Beinn a Bheithir

Postby kathleenebowie » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:43 am

Route description: Beinn a' Bheithir via Schoolhouse Ridge

Munros included on this walk: Sgòrr Dhearg (Beinn a' Bheithir), Sgòrr Dhònuill (Beinn a' Bheithir)

Date walked: 02/06/2021

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A bit late writing up so I can't remember too many details!

Looking at the forecast for this day, I just had to get out on the hills. My companion from 2 great sunny Wednesdays in Glencoe last summer (once we were allowed) was available again so off we went to tackle another two.

I felt slightly nervous given the description of schoolhouse ridge, but it was nothing to be scared off at all. It was a steep climb at first but the breeze kept us from getting over heated. Raf were training again that morning - saw then heard Tornado maybe doing it's thing. Good but hazy views all around. A straightforward and enjoyable walk. The return through the forested paths seemed to take a while. We came across some red deer here, one wasn't too shy and started at us for a while.

We were glad of a cool drink from the coop in Ballachulish at the end and had a chippy from Real food in Tyndrum on the way home - always good!
kathleenebowie
Mountaineer

Munros:167   Corbetts:6
Fionas:4   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:12

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland