walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Carn an Fhidhleir and An Sgarsoch from Glen Tilt via Carn a'

Carn an Fhidhleir and An Sgarsoch from Glen Tilt via Carn a'

Postby Somerled87 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:18 am

Munros included on this walk: An Sgarsoch, Càrn a' Chlamain, Càrn an Fhìdhleir (Càrn Ealar)

Date walked: 17/07/2021

Time taken: 24 hours

Distance: 56 km

Ascent: 2100m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Not intended as a very good read but may be helpful to anyone thinking about a similar walk. Didn't use a bicycle. Very dry underfoot, peat bogs not a problem, river was low. Traveled light, but was a bit tired from having done the Beinn a' Ghlo walk earlier on the Saturday.

1600 Depart Glen Tilt car park
1800 Leave Glen for Carn a' Chlamain ascent
2010 Carn a' Chlamain
2120 Tarf Hotel

Carn a-Chlamain to Tarf Hotel.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

0500 Depart Tarf Hotel
0710 Carn an Fhidhleir
0845 An Sgarsoch
1040 Tarf crossing
1545 Car park

Carn an Fhidhleir and An Sgarsoch.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Somerled87
Mountain Walker

Munros:179   Corbetts:20
Fionas:15   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:12   Islands:26

Re: Carn an Fhidhleir and An Sgarsoch from Glen Tilt via Car

Postby olly16 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:21 pm

Hi, not sure if this get back to you but here goes. I was looking at a post you did back in 2016 with cloud inversions on Skye and wondered if you would be prepared to share an image with me. I am trying to pull together a pull up banner for the Nevis Hillwalking Club and I need high res photos/actual size and your photos on this post are amazing.
Anyway, here's hoping
info@nevishillwalking.club
olly16
Mountain Walker

Munros:262   Corbetts:25

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland