walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sgurr nan Ceathreamhnan

Sgurr nan Ceathreamhnan

Postby chazzyboy19 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:50 pm

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr nan Ceathreamhnan

Date walked: 21/07/2021

Time taken: 24 hours

Distance: 35 km

Ascent: 1600m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Decided to try and finish the remaining munro tops so took the bus to Cluanie and walked through to Alltbeithe, my first time through this pass and once the landrover track ended I was glad it was a dry spell, could be a bog trot in the wet. Had lunch and refilled waterbottles at the hostel, it was aroasting hot day so made sure I had plenty of water, which made the climb up onto the ridge a bit of a slog. Proceeded along to the summit, my tird time on top, and I had forgotten the last 200m pull to the top, sweated buckets. Continued along to the West top along a nice gnarly ridge, then took the north ridge across Suc Bheag and Mor, and found a nice flat campsite just before Stuc Fraoch Choire, so set up the tent and took a leisurely walk up to the final top without rucksack, which was bliss. lovely night and temperature inversions in the morning, took a fairly straight west bearing down to cross Abhainn Gaorsaic, which could be problematic in high water, then over the col between Meall Dubh and Meall an Odhar to join the Falls of Glomach path, which was folloed out toAllt a'Chruinn and the bus home, great round but tiring in the heat, that leaves 25 to do.
Attachments
IMG_0392.jpeg
Sunrise
IMG_0390.jpeg
Morning temperature inversion
IMG_0385.jpeg
View west from camp
IMG_0372.jpeg
Looking back to Cluanie

0687 Tops of Sgurr nan Ceathreamhnan.GPX Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

chazzyboy19
Ambler

Munros:106   Corbetts:168
Fionas:99   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:186   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:4   Islands:42

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland