walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Tulaichean & Cruach Ardrain

Beinn Tulaichean & Cruach Ardrain

Postby colinwatson » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:50 pm

Route description: Cruach Àrdrain and Beinn Tulaichean

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Tulaichean, Cruach Àrdrain

Date walked: 30/07/2021

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 16 km

Ascent: 1300m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A cloudy morning for the drive up to Inverlochlarig, where it was muggy and midgey on arrival.

CA from start.jpg
Cruach Ardrain from Inverlochlaraig

I walked along the track and past the farm buildings to gain the track leading to wards Glen Inverlochlaraig. There was a path of sorts leading up the long slopes to Beinn Tulaichean, where the views to Loch Voil and Stob a'Chroin opened out. It was still clear when I arrived at the cairn.

Loch Voil.jpg
Loch Voil from the slopes of Beinn Tulaichean

Ben More & Stobbinnien from ridge.jpg
Ben More & Stobbinnien from the ridge

CA Ben More & Stobbinnien.jpg
Cruach Ardrain, Ben More and Stobbinnien

I then dropped down to the col, before detouring out to Stob Glas. This was the hardest walking of the day, although I had an asthmatic sheep for company! Misty at the top, so I turned around for the long pull up the the Cruach Ardrain ridge. Once on the ridge, I could follow the footpath to the cairn, where the cloud was down. I have still to get a view from this hill.

The descent was straightforward - back along the ridge and from there I could follow a path of sorts back to Glen Inverlochlaraig and from there it was a pleasant walk back to the car.

Needless to say, 15 minutes after leaving Cruach Ardrain, the cloud lifted!

Cloud clearing on CA.jpg
The summit clearing once I had left!
colinwatson
Stravaiging

Munros:75   Corbetts:38
Fionas:44   Donalds:45
Sub 2000:48   Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland