walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

To A' Mhaighdean and Ruadh Stac Mor by Canoe

To A' Mhaighdean and Ruadh Stac Mor by Canoe

by Mal Grey » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:49 pm

Munros included on this walk: A' Mhaighdean, Ruadh Stac Mòr

Date walked: 02/06/2021

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: To A' Mhaighdean and Ruadh Stac Mor by Canoe

Postby Mal Grey » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:03 pm

Sorry, hadn't noted these kind responses.

Brilliant report, the narrative and photos are superb, as for the organisation and planning, and the fun for all those involved, its beyond wonderful :clap: :clap:

Watching your gradual approach to this two striking mountains I felt I could visualise you all from the summits, paddling and porting across one of my favourite views - pure magic even for a reader, what it must have been like to be there - I'm not sure my imagination is up to your achievements :lol: :lol:

Thank you. Its all done with a healthy sense of the ridiculous, which definitely helps! :lol:

What a fantastic adventure and told very well.

Thanks, we all loved it! Just got to work out where next...
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Postby Colin1951 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:42 am

What an incredible trip! Three days’ paddling and portaging must have made the camps, and the hills, utterly magical. Truly the best trip imaginable in Scotland and surely one of the best in the world. I’m full of admiration for imagining that and making it happen.
Colin1951
Stravaiging

Munros:226   Corbetts:20
Fionas:5   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:12
Walk wish-list

Postby Mal Grey » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:07 pm

Colin1951 wrote:What an incredible trip! Three days’ paddling and portaging must have made the camps, and the hills, utterly magical. Truly the best trip imaginable in Scotland and surely one of the best in the world. I’m full of admiration for imagining that and making it happen.

Thanks Colin

Half the fun is imagining these trips in the first place, particularly imagining that 2 days dragging or carrying a canoe is a sensible idea in the first place!

It sounds a bit of a cliche, but I do generally believe that parts of the NW Highlands are amongst the finest landscapes in the world. Getting to spend longer than usual in them, by progressing at a snails pace in between camps drinking wine and cooking feasts, has to be the best way to appreciate them!
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Postby Woodsy Boy » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:31 pm

Absolutely brilliant and well done.
Really enjoyed that , what an adventure that looked
Woodsy Boy
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:20
Fionas:12   Donalds:8+3
Sub 2000:8   

Postby WildAboutWalking » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:32 pm

Wonderful.
WildAboutWalking
Mountain Walker

44 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland