walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Meall Greigh, Meall Garbh and An Stuc

Meall Greigh, Meall Garbh and An Stuc

by jimandandrea » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:29 pm

Route description: Meall Greigh, Meall Garbh and An Stùc

Munros included on this walk: An Stùc, Meall Garbh (Ben Lawers), Meall Greigh

Date walked: 24/03/2011

Time taken: 8 hours

Distance: 16.7 km

Ascent: 1230m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Meall Greigh, Meall Garbh and An Stuc

Postby jimandandrea » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:32 am

Border Reiver wrote:I like the pics - they bring back memories, but not good ones of An Stuc. I was climbing Meall Greigh, Meall Garbh, Meall Corranaich and Meall' a Choire Leith and it just happened to be in the way. It was just before it was added to the Munros Tables in 1997 and it was the most horrible ascent from the East, on mostly very wet and very steep grass. The only obvious sign of a path of any kind was the slightly worn grass and there wasn't much to hang on to. I was so glad to get to the top of that one.

The snow ascent was the safest option despite its steepness - the grassy approach looked really slippy with, as you said, nothing to hang onto.
jimandandrea
Munro compleatist

Munros:264   Corbetts:6
Hewitts:97
Wainwrights:214   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland