walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

An Socach

An Socach

Postby Louise993 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 pm

Route description: An Socach from Glen Clunie

Munros included on this walk: An Socach (Braemar)

Date walked: 11/09/2021

Time taken: 6.3 hours

Distance: 16 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Club weekend to Braemar

Staying at Braemar cottages. Such a perfect location right in the hub of Braamer and lovely little huts. Definitely stay again.

My plan was to do the 3 (Devil's Point, Carn Toul and Angels Peak) from the Linn of Dee.

However, the weather was not looking great so decided to do An Socach which I was trying to keep for the winter but thought those would be the alternative given the forecast.
To hopefully do the 3 on Sunday (see next report)

Wilma decided to join me and what a lovely day we had. The weather was not as bad as forecast, no views at the top but we had a lovely walk.

We bumped into two brothers who were maintaining the lovely little cottage up there and we had a wee blether with them and they gave me some advice about my walk tomorrow. (I asked whether I should go on from White Bridge or north up to Corrour. As I thought Mark thought the northern route would be the quickest.
What a lovely estate this is and is well kept and relatively quiet. Never met any other walkers.

Wilma was fine going up but had to take it easy coming down due to her knee injury.

Back at the cabins for 3 which is rare for me so was nice to relax and have a wee look around the village.
Attachments

2021-09-11.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Louise993
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:13
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland