walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Creuch Hill

Creuch Hill

Postby rob munbett » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:13 pm

Date walked: 21/09/2021

Time taken: 1.15 hours

Distance: 3.82 km

Ascent: 171m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I was down in Largs for a bit of sea air but I also fancied a short walk so I drove up the old Largs road to park in a good-size space at the foot of Creuch Hill.
IMG_20210921_125403.jpg
Creuch Hill from the track at the start
I went a short distance along a stony track which led to a wooden bridge over the stream. I passed through a metal gate and from there just headed up the heathery and tussocky hillside which was quite boggy in places.
IMG_20210921_122835.jpg
Heading up the heathery slopes
Soon I reached the first top which had some dykes and a stone shelter, which was good as by now the chill wind was blowing strong. I sat for a while enjoying some lunch and the views.
IMG_20210921_122302.jpg
Looking back down the hillside from the lower top
Windproof and hat on, I sauntered over to the true summit, marked by a rather puny cairn. The views here were better.
IMG_20210921_121655.jpg
The view from the summit
Now it was just a case of wandering back down the hillside, doing my best to avoid the ankle-straining tussocks and deepest heather. A very pleasant short stroll.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

rob munbett
Hill Bagger

Munros:257   Corbetts:133
Fionas:70   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:97   Hewitts:30
Wainwrights:40   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland