walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Great view from Beinn Liar

Great view from Beinn Liar

Postby Tamura-san » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:35 am

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Lair

Date walked: 09/08/2021

Time taken: 8 hours

Distance: 40 km

Ascent: 1072m

7 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

M20200809-Beinn_Lair-Fisherfield.jpg

I stayed Poolewe to tackle Beinn Lair.
As expected, whether was fine to do.
MTB riding first as usual, however, my legs were a little bit tired to ride MTB due to the Baosbheinn hike the day before.
I wondered how long I could, but decided to finish MTB ride at Karnsary Lodge .... as same as before.
I knew the route was very long... flat path up and down for 2hrs at least, but the view was impressed me and I did not feel boring !!!
20200809aStart01s.jpg

20200809aStart03s.jpg

It took 2hrs on foot to reach a division to Beinn Lair, and the path was very clear. So just " follow the tiny path".
20200809aStart05.JPG

40min to reach to Bealach Mheinnidh and I could now see Loch Maree.
From here, I could not see a path to the Summit, but the route was clear... just head East UP.
On the ascend way, the view to the Valley was beautiful.... interesting rock formation.
20200809bLair02.JPG

Just keep Up, Up,and Up.
From 830m point, finally I could see great view... I could not stop taking photos...
20200809f830again03s.jpg

20200809f830again06s.jpg

20200809f830again04.JPG

Now I had to reach to the Summit of Beinn Lair.
Probably just 10min walk to get there.
The view towards to Fisherfield was fine, but ..... Fionn Loch was much much much impressed me.
20200809eFrmLair01.JPG

Now just noon time, clouds were increased gradually.
I did not want to leave there, but the time to return the same route.
In order to get those beautiful views, it was worth to spend a time and effort of long walk !!!
Tamura-san
Hill Bagger

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:2   Donalds:7

7 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland