walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Stalking the stalkers on Sgor na h-Ulaidh

Stalking the stalkers on Sgor na h-Ulaidh

by dogplodder » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:33 am

Route description: Sgòr na h-Ulaidh and Meall Lighiche

Munros included on this walk: Sgòr na h-Ulaidh

Date walked: 13/09/2021

Distance: 16 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Stalking the stalkers on Sgor na h-Ulaidh

Postby dogplodder » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:18 pm

gld73 wrote:Great report - and I'm amazed this was your first solo munro given the number you've done. You're evidently a more sociable soul than me!!

I've notched up quite a few where I've started with company that got fed up on the way - so maybe not as sociable as it seems! :lol:
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby Huff_n_Puff » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:11 pm

Congratulations on your first solo Munro, and to Keira too for looking after you :clap: :clap: . It must be a source of amazement to dogs that humans do such silly things as wearing strange hats, or (in Biggles' case) using umbrellas :shock:.

The hydro track makes a very sensible approach to this hill, which we did from Glen Etive too, but I wouldn't recommend our route - it was the long scenic route which didn't avoid the scramble (which was made worse by black ice) and our attempt to find a better route back got us into an overgrown rhododendron patch which we thought we'd never get out of. On the basis of your report I'd say hydro tracks definitely have their good points :lol: :lol:
Huff_n_Puff
Walker

Munros:278   Corbetts:20
Fionas:10   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:19   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:19

Postby dogplodder » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:17 pm

Huff_n_Puff wrote:
The hydro track makes a very sensible approach to this hill, which we did from Glen Etive too, but I wouldn't recommend our route - it was the long scenic route which didn't avoid the scramble (which was made worse by black ice) and our attempt to find a better route back got us into an overgrown rhododendron patch which we thought we'd never get out of. On the basis of your report I'd say hydro tracks definitely have their good points :lol: :lol:

The scramble with black ice sounds scary and stuck in rhododendrons a pain! :wtf:
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

17 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland