walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sròn a' Choire Ghairbh and Meall na Teanga, October 2021

Sròn a' Choire Ghairbh and Meall na Teanga, October 2021

Postby Riccardo Romano » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:26 pm

Route description: Loch Lochy Munros from Kilfinnan

Munros included on this walk: Meall na Teanga, Sròn a' Choire Ghairbh

Date walked: 21/10/2021

Time taken: 5.5 hours

Distance: 20 km

Ascent: 1350m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

#201 Sròn a' Choire Ghairbh
#202 Meall na Teanga
On my own, on way back from Inverness. A cold start, but ok-ish heading up to the bealach. From there on it was extremely cold - had all 3 layers on at all times after that. Hail at top of Sròn a' Choire Ghairbh, and visibility closed in. Cleared up on the way down and had great views all the way up Meall na Teanga and at the summit. Also went over to the lower summit to the SW. Another cloud came over with freezing sleet and it was bad from then, all the way back down to the bealach. Thankfully the sun came out and I was mostly dry by the time I got back to the car. Pretty quick (5.5 hours) mainly due to not stopping for long because of the cold :-)
Riccardo Romano
Mountaineer

Munros:228   Corbetts:9
Fionas:5   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:6   
Islands:7

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland