walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Deuchary Hill direct

Deuchary Hill direct

Postby U059361 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:05 pm

Route description: Loch Ordie and Deuchary Hill, Dunkeld

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Deuchary Hill

Date walked: 22/11/2021

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 13 km

Ascent: 500m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Car park had a couple of cars when I arrived at 9:30am. Dull and cold, but dry. Long walk in to mill dam. The estate is working on the road, resurfacing, repairs etc, with big digger and roller. Made sure the digger driver saw me and waved me on before even attempting to get near. Mill dam was just getting a bit sunshine on the far bank, not even touching the water. Kept up the pace following the Butterstone sign and walking up to Deuchary. Of course, you can't see the top from the path. The climb up from the Butterstone path is obvious, well used , climbing through trees and getting steep in bits. The north wind wasn't affecting me till I got to the top then got the full arctic blast. Could see the Drummochter Hills covered in light snow. South the sun must have been shining in Fife. Took my photos and decented and returned to the car park. Pretty good walking most of the way a few boggy bits to avoid higher up but once Mill Dam reached, the road is well used and okay for walking. Car park had almost 20 cars in it when I got back at 12:30pm, popular place.
Attachments
whdeuchary2.JPG
View south to Lomond Hills
whdeuchary.jpg
View north to Drummochter

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

U059361
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:38
Fionas:20   Donalds:27
Sub 2000:40   Hewitts:5
Islands:32

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland