walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Innerdownie from Dollar

Innerdownie from Dollar

Postby Chantal » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:38 pm

Donalds included on this walk: Innerdownie

Date walked: 28/11/2021

Time taken: 5.5 hours

Distance: 16.67 km

Ascent: 613m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Well didn't think I was going to make this walk with SHC today when I left my coat in the house. I made it to the car park I Dollar golf club 5 mins late to see everyone waiting at the entrance. With a rush to get my boots on and join them we finally set off at 0910.

The path up to the castle on the Glen was cordoned off so we ended up walking up the road. Taking the dirt track off the road at the top of that road we had some lovely views of castle Campbell with the snow and sun on the hills. Following the path we walked along past the reservoir until we reached a signpost, taking the path to the left for Innerdownie hill.

This took us up a steep slopes to the top of Glenquey hill where the views over the dam were stunning .

Carrying on up to the top of innerdownnie we settled into a little sheltered area for lunch at 1200. The breeze was chilling but with the sun shinning it didn't seem to bother me.

Making our way back down we cover another 2 tops Whitewisp hill and Saddle hill. I think everyone must have had a slip in the snow, including me. Thankful for a soft landing lol.

We made it back to the car park at around 1430.

Walkers today: Douglas, Hugh, Tim, Evelyn, Nick, Helen, Carol, Anne, Ian, Debbie, Craig&partner, Dena.
Attachments
20211128_092957.jpg
Chantal

Munros:8   
Fionas:2   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:2   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland