walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cort Ma Law

Cort Ma Law

Postby GillC » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Route description: Cort-ma Law, near Lennoxtown

Date walked: 22/08/2010

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 6.5 km

Ascent: 538m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Wee day trip on my own,,bussed it up to Clachan of Campsie, up the hill behind the row of shops to the car park then on up the clear path.

The route up was on a relatively smooth hillside which takes you north back off the main ridge. Eventually I could see the top but being relatively inexperienced, decided to take the direct route rather than following the southern line of cairns,,BAD IDEA! Very VERY boggy and found myself using a half built new wire fence to try making my way across what went from wet bog , to just WET.

There was a strong wind coming in from the south and when I initially left the Cort Ma Law trig point to head North West to Lecket Hill, on looking back, it disappeared in cloud and rain, headed back to the Cort Ma Law top to sit out for 15 mins until the cloud and rain cleared. Headed off on a vague path that was actually only visible from a distance,,nothing obvious under your feet except the infamous emerald green, man eating bog. I just jumped and ran my way across with wet feet but high enough spirits.

Very easy descent down with views of Meikle Bin to the East. My recent ITBS playing up with my left knee in a lot of pain, but made it down and back to the car park and Clachan, bussed it back to Kirkintilloch for some supplies then walked the 3-4 miles home from there. Knee agony, forced to seek physio for this,,,dont want it stopping my plans for hill domination.!
Attachments
view from cort ma law.jpg
Low cloud view from Cort Ma Law, looking south
Last edited by GillC on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GillC
Walker

Munros:39   Corbetts:44
Grahams:31   Donalds:30
Sub 2000:19   Hewitts:5

Re: Cort Ma Law

Postby gracibaby36 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:31 am

Wish I had seen you walk report before we done this walk. It truly is emerald green man eating bog, found it quite hard to find routes over the sections like that and and one section even though i had tested out all possible routes and thought I had found the safest one my leg disappeared :shock: . Once I managed out we enjoyed the rest of our walk :D to lecket hill and beyond. Was my younger cousins 1st experience of hill walking, hope i didnt put him off for life. Although he is that tall that the man eating bog would only go up to his ankles. So not so bad.
gracibaby36
Mountain Walker

Munros:7   
Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland