walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Warrior III meets Beinn Bhuidhe Mor

Warrior III meets Beinn Bhuidhe Mor

Postby Jaxter » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:28 pm

Date walked: 14/08/2021

Time taken: 2.47 hours

Distance: 10.4 km

Ascent: 394m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Another day where my ambitions were bigger than my abilities. We had been up the hills behind Culloden when they had been covered in snow so we hoped that this trip might be a bit easier underfoot at least :lol:

We parked up in the lay-by almost opposite the track to Finglack and set off along the track. There were lots of raspberries in the hedgerow which slowed us down a lot because they were delicious! After a while we were out of the trees and onto the open moorland

Looking towards Saddle Hill

The last time we'd been up here we'd gone up Beinn Bhuidhe Beag but had run out of steam well before even considering Beinn Bhuidhe Mor - this was our target today.

As we climbed we could see back to the Moray Firth and Ben Wyvis

Looking down on Saddle Hill - although I was struggling we were climbing quicker than I thought (the good track devoid of snow definitely helped :lol: )

Finally we reached the high point of the track and followed a dirt path through the heather to the trig point without getting wet feet - huzzah!

All I ever seem to be able to do is Yoga now - so here's a yoga pose instead of a Jaxter.

Meall Mor with Strath Nairn and the edge of the Monadhliath behind (maybe)

The Cairngorms a bit clagged at the tops but the Lairig Ghru clearly visible

We sat and enjoyed the views and had a good rest at the summit before heading back down. Not a lot to say about the return - thankfully it was mostly downhill but the few uphill sections were tough and, guess what, I should have stayed home and done yoga instead :roll:
Attachments

activity_7304939927.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Jaxter
Wanderer

Munros:217   Corbetts:139
Fionas:90   Donalds:49+13
Sub 2000:129   Hewitts:69
Wainwrights:81   Islands:35

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland