walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Tyrebagger, sculpture walk

Tyrebagger, sculpture walk

Postby sketch » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:38 pm

Route description: Elrick Hill circuit, from Tyrebagger

Date walked: 13/04/2011

Time taken: 0.5 hours

Distance: 2.2 km

Ascent: 57m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I was on my way home from Inverurie and I was a little ahead of time before I had to pick my wife up from work, so I decided to stop and have a quick walk to pass half an hour, so I pulled of the inverurie road and headed for the Tyrebagger car park, I grabbed my camera and a started walking round the red marked footpath, which the footpaths were in great condition
IMG_0175.JPG
Paths were great condition
I found a couple of sculptures at the start and did not realise they were sculptures, like a rippled piece of metal on the ground, maybe it's me but I dont see this as art myself, my defenition of art is this
Horse.jpg
Horse
Jane Mansfield.jpg
Jane Mansfield
thats why I call myself sketch, as I sketched these two earlier last year, but getting back to the walk, I continued on for a few more minutes and came across a wooden construction
IMG_0183.JPG
unusual circular thing
which contained paintings of a Flower, face and a mushroom
IMG_0184.JPG
Flower
IMG_0185.JPG
face
IMG_0186.JPG
mushroom
on leaving the wierd structure I snapped a shot of the doorway into the structure
IMG_0188.JPG
doorway
along the way I spotted a few more sculptures
IMG_0179.JPG
Sculpture 1
IMG_0191.JPG
sculpture 2
IMG_0194.JPG
sculpture 3
after getting three quarters of the way round I came across the sign post to Brimmond Hill
IMG_0189.JPG
Sign post
which I was tempted to take but looking at the time changed that idea, so after a couple more fairly interestiong photo's
IMG_0193.JPG
steps
IMG_0192.JPG
Gate
it was back to the car, as I approached my car I went to my pocket for the car keys and started to panic as I could not find them thinking I was going to have to go round again I found them and guess were they were in the ignition for all to see, how lucky is that. or should I say how stupid is that,
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last edited by sketch on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sketch
Mountaineer

Munros:19   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:2

Re: Tyrebagger, sculpture walk

Postby ChrisW » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Nice report sketch, I'm with you on the art front with regard to some of the strange 'sculptures' on display at Tyrebagger, I walked round here in January and came across this....

I do like some sculptures such as the Angel of the North, or Another Place by Anthony Gormley but random uplighters don't do it for me :wtf:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Re: Tyrebagger, sculpture walk

Postby sketch » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:03 pm

ChrisW wrote:Nice report sketch, I'm with you on the art front with regard to some of the strange 'sculptures' on display at Tyrebagger, I walked round here in January and came across this....

I do like some sculptures such as the Angel of the North, or Another Place by Anthony Gormley but random uplighters don't do it for me :wtf:

I'm with you all the way on that, I spend a lot of time sketching and I prefer realism, hence I do a lot of portraits, thanks again ChrisW for taking time out to read my reports
sketch
Mountaineer

Munros:19   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:2

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland