walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Largo Law, quick up and down

Largo Law, quick up and down

Postby KatTai » Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:56 pm

Route description: Largo Law, from Upper Largo

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Largo Law

Date walked: 22/02/2022

Time taken: 1 hours

Distance: 3.25 km

Ascent: 245m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Quick up and down Largo Law today before it becomes off-limits to dogs (and myself, if I know there are going to be cows its a hell no from me!). Muddy track to the farm, muddy track from the farm to the base of the hill and a steep, eroded path up though it wasn't particularly muddy, I guess the wind has blown most of the moisture away! I've read a few reports that mention a rickety stile, I'm pleased to report that this has been replaced with a new stile which is a good one for dogs to use as it has a nice wide platform. We reached the summit, too windy to hang around or really appreciate the views though! Heading back down with the wind pushing me sideways I opted for some 'strategic bum sliding' as another walker heading up put it :lol: I had fun with the gate at the base of the hill, going up I could stop the gate as it was swinging towards me but coming from the other way they went outwards and I couldn't get through with the dogs and hold onto both gates so the gate decided to run away :lol: I had to wedge it on a rock to keep it in place while I retrieved the other gate and tied them together!

50.JPG
Largo Law

51.JPG
Dogs on leads...

52.JPG

53.JPG
The summit in sight

54.JPG
New stile?

55.JPG
Registering as 'very windy' on the tailometer!
KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:53   
Islands:32

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland