walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Ime and Beinn Narnain

Beinn Ime and Beinn Narnain

Postby clivew » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:07 am

Route description: Beinn Narnain and Beinn Ime

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ime, Beinn Narnain

Date walked: 17/04/2011

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 13.5 km

Ascent: 1325m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Started off this walk with a pot of coffee and a bacon roll in the tea room at Arrochar; great way to start the day after the long drive up from Edinburgh. Decided to follow the path up to the Cobbler and then up to the summit of Beinn Ime first; I think this is a better way to do the walk as the path up to the Bealach is a nice steady climb rather than the instant steep climb if you take the rough path adjacent to the car park and on to the summit of Beinn Narnain. The path from the Bealach to the summit of Beinn Ime is very boggy in places but apart from that it is a good steady walk to the summit. Made good going back to the Bealach and climbed Beinn Narnain from the easier West side. Good walk to the top and then followed the path heading SE back towards the car park at Succoth. This path starts off with a bit of scrambling but nothing to serious but as you drop down a bit it becomes hard work with hardly any decent path to walk on until you are back down on the main road; its like walking in the bed of a stream with uneven bolder's and steep muddy banks all the way down. I'm glad I didn't use this as my route up I may not have managed both Munros if I had. A good days walk even if I did manage to twist my ankle on the final leg down to the car park; still a couple of pints of Deuchars back at the Malt and Hops on the Shore in Edinburgh sorted out the pain until I had to get up and walk the dog this morning.
clivew
Mountain Walker

Munros:145   
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland