walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sunshine day on Cairn Mairg 4

Sunshine day on Cairn Mairg 4

Postby doogz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:31 pm

Munros included on this walk: Càrn Gorm, Càrn Mairg, Creag Mhòr (Meall na Aighean), Meall Garbh (Càrn Mairg)

Date walked: 17/04/2011

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 18 km

Ascent: 1320m

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by doogz on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
doogz

Re: a day on Cairn Mairg 4

Postby rockhopper » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:05 pm

makes enjoyable reading doogz :D

nice trip and good to see what I missed - couldn't see anything when I was up :( might need to go again :lol:
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby doogz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:31 pm

RH ...indeed you should go again its a real pleasant walk indeed

doogz 8)
doogz

Postby PeteR » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:52 pm

Nice rport and some nice pictures too. A route I need to re-visit as I had to bail out on the day I attempted these. Weather really came in when I was on Cairn Mairg :( At least you had the weather for this trip :D
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:121   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby kinley » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Nice one Dougie - they are a good walk these 4. 8)

Got some nice shots too 8)

Doogz wrote:Soon back at the car we are met by a awkward site as the carp park being full the roadway ,peoples drives and just cars abandoned anywhere is mighty annoying and must be a constant pain in the ass to the house owners around .....with a carpark and another just 400m away you would think they would have the courtesy to NOT park over peoples property...but hey its walkers and if they wanna walk they dont seem to care too much where they park

To counter-balance that - one of the means of access control in Glen Lyon is the strict restriction of parking. With fencing to the road there is nearly no parking for miles. I don't think this is an accident ;)
kinley

Postby monty » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Nice walk and good set of pictures Doogz. Like the flattened fence post given unrestricted views to Schehallion. :lol:
monty

Postby doogz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:00 pm

Yeah I can see your point Kinley but the people parked in some drives when there was ample parking a few hundred yards down the road

Gotta say getting out the car park almost blind due to cars on road too

But to each his own though

Cheers

Dougie
doogz

Re: Sunshine day on Cairn Mairg 4

Postby ChrisW » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Fantastic walk doogz really enjoyed reading it, some of those pics are stunning - must have been a fantastic day overall :D
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland