walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sgurr an Airgid

Sgurr an Airgid

Postby Gordon Stalker » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Route description: Sgurr an Airgid

Corbetts included on this walk: Sgurr an Airgid

Date walked: 01/06/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Sgurr an Airgid 29/5/09.
My route was unusual as I started from Morvich Outdoor Centre and visited Falls of Glomach first.
To save height I left the Glomach path at its highest point and made a very long traverse to Sgurr an Airgid over several subsidiary tops such as Beinn Bhreac. Going was tough (ups and downs) but I was rewarded by lots of wildlife at close quarters and stunning views to Coire na Poite in Applecross. etc I don't think many people come this way so wildlife seemed surprised to see me. Sgurr an Airgid has trig point on top, which may help in poor visibility but hope you don't need it as views are very good to Skye Bridge.

Followed path all the way back to burial place parking spot but if you are staying at Morvich then a more direct descent would be better to avoid road walk at end.

Total time Morvich to Falls of Glomach to Sgurr an Airgid 10 hours with plenty rests.

I will post some photographs when i have time.
Gordon Stalker

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland