walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Wandering around Little Wyvis

Wandering around Little Wyvis

Postby gld73 » Sun May 22, 2022 5:20 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Little Wyvis

Date walked: 08/05/2022

Time taken: 3.2 hours

Distance: 15.5 km

Ascent: 860m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Needed an easy afternoon walk after a party last night, so Little Wyvis it was. Usual route up the track from Silverbridge to the summit, but rather than head back the same way, this time I continued on along the ridge and down, to meet a track to take me back round to join with ascent track. It wasn't the better track lower down I'd intended to get to though; this track was wet and boggy though so when it started heading up rather than just contouring around, eventually I just left it and headed down the grassy, tussocky, mossy, boggy hillside to rejoin the main track further down (nice terrain to go down, but would have been a struggle going up it as it was so soft and deep).

Still a quick walk, so on the way back down I did the detour again out and back to the transmitters just to add a bit more distance.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

IMG_20220508_134006.jpg
Met a tame deer as I headed up the track. I'd expected it to run off when it spotted me approaching, but quite the opposite!

IMG_20220508_144814.jpg
Little Wyvis summit

IMG_20220508_144949.jpg

IMG_20220508_145805.jpg
Heading down north initially

IMG_20220508_145823.jpg
View west, Loch Glascarnoch

IMG_20220508_162017.jpg
Transmitter compound back to Little Wyvis
gld73

Munros:178   Corbetts:76
Fionas:69   Donalds:12
Sub 2000:94   Hewitts:60
Wainwrights:107   Islands:13

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland