walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

An easy triple set of corbetts

An easy triple set of corbetts

Postby anthonyrjackson10 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:10 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Aonach Buidhe, Faochaig, Sguman Coinntich

Date walked: 21/05/2022

Time taken: 6.8 hours

Distance: 35 km

Ascent: 1950m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

1173F110-3236-4D58-8AF6-03FD91853327.jpeg
A Fantastic Route starting from a good parking area for about 6-7 cars-
I followed the road along to the telephone box then a small track takes you up past the 1933 building and then it takes you up on to a better track- I could see the hill and about 3/4 of my way up the track i headed off track and crossed the small burn and up direct on to the first summit Sguman-
i then too the long and undulating ridge east with a few ups and downs un till you meet the climb up Faochaig.
The next bit is the tough decision do I take on another - oh yes so you have a steep descent down heading north east until you can see a stackers path- I did not actually go to the path but headed down to the area where there is what looks like a landrover track up aonach Buidhe. its then a steep climb to the summit but going from 1500feet back up to almost Munro height is was tough going.

when you get to the summit it was nice to appreciate where you have just come from .

I then headed south/ south west as you can see and in to the glen down to a burn which i managed to cross then picked up the good track to Iron lodge.

Iron lodge need a bit of work but gave me 10 minutes shelter from the passing shower.

you then have a 9 mile walk along good track back to the car passing many sheep and cows

a very easy day relatively the toughest bit was the big drop between Faochaig and Aonach Buidhe :clap:
Attachments
B6C3BE33-51EF-4591-B187-C5756AA2FA81.jpeg
DAC8187D-AFDB-4DAA-9A0B-A16F6DF73BFE.jpeg
BA42CBE3-E5DC-41AC-BFA0-3F04EA86DD24.jpeg

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

anthonyrjackson10
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:186
Fionas:8   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:9   

Re: An easy triple set of corbetts

Postby ez162002 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:06 pm

Hey! I was looking at doing this route too but no chance I’ll get it done in your time! Was trying to find your posts on Facebook but couldn’t remember what you said it was called. Something like taps on Scotland?? You gave me some tablet at the car park after a couple of corbetts back a few months ago.
ez162002
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:213
Fionas:10   Donalds:28
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:2   

Re: An easy triple set of corbetts

Postby prog99 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:22 pm

ez162002 wrote:Hey! I was looking at doing this route too but no chance I’ll get it done in your time! Was trying to find your posts on Facebook but couldn’t remember what you said it was called. Something like taps on Scotland?? You gave me some tablet at the car park after a couple of corbetts back a few months ago.

I can only assume they were running it. I like my long days and multiple summits but I'd never consider that effort easy!
prog99
Munro compleatist

Fionas:130   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland