walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

An Teallach from Ardessie

An Teallach from Ardessie

Postby RichardAB » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:57 pm

Route description: An Teallach, Dundonnell

Munros included on this walk: Bidein a' Ghlas Thuill (An Teallach), Sgùrr Fiona (An Teallach)

Date walked: 26/06/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

26-JUN-2009 An Teallach.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Having climbed among the mountains of Scotland for more than 50 years I would never be able to record all my trips on WH, but the desire to be able to post private messages has persuaded me to post one or two reports here and I look forward to a corresponding change to my account settings! And I will continue to enjoy reading the reports posted by the many other contributors.
So I will start with a great day on An Teallach back in 2009. I had climbed the pinnacles during my first visit in 1985 and I returned in 2007 to climb some of the remaining Munro Tops. However time, poor weather and illness meant that I still hadn't visited the final outlier of Sgurr Creag an Eich. I devised a route starting from Ardessie that would take me over this Munro Top and on to the main summits then down to Dundonnell where I had arranged for a friend to pick me up. I was due some luck, and today I was rewarded with the finest possible weather. This panorama from Bidein a'Ghlas Thuill looks beyond the dramatic pinnacles to Fisherfield and further to the peaks of Torridon and Skye (with only a little imagination?). I traversed the pinnacles again in 2021, accompanied by my younger daughter (and a guide with the rope!). I am certainly slowing down but not yet so old that I can't enjoy such a route, although on that occasion the weather was back to cloudy and wet. In such situations memory and old photographs can help a lot.
Attachments
An Teallach panorama.jpg
RichardAB
Munro compleatist

Re: An Teallach from Ardessie

Postby R1ggered » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:07 pm

Great pic you never forget those momments. :clap:
R1ggered
Mountain Walker

Munros:175   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland