walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

[VIDEO] Beinn a'Chochuill and Beinn Eunaich

[VIDEO] Beinn a'Chochuill and Beinn Eunaich

Postby davidandthedrone » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:38 pm

Route description: Beinn a' Chochuill & Beinn Eunaich

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a' Chochuill, Beinn Eunaich

Date walked: 09/06/2022

Time taken: 5.5 hours

Distance: 13.5 km

Ascent: 1220m

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I'm back in the West Highlands to tackle two fantastic Munros to the East of the Cruachan range. Join me as I ascend Beinn a'Chochuill and Beinn Eunaich in what I would personally describe as perfect conditions.

Follow me on YouTube: DavidandtheDrone:

Attachments

beinnachochuil.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

davidandthedrone
Mountain Walker

Munros:38   Corbetts:3
Donalds:1
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:3
Islands:1

Re: [VIDEO] Beinn a'Chochuill and Beinn Eunaich

Postby JeanetteKS » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:30 pm

:clap: Brilliant video, thanks for posting! I met you a few times that day so great to have a video :D. Really the descent was horrid, but only for a wee while and the gentle start to losing height as well the fabulous grassy ridge walk made for a lovely day out, one that was over too soon!
JeanetteKS
Mountaineer

Re: [VIDEO] Beinn a'Chochuill and Beinn Eunaich

Postby davidandthedrone » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:08 am

JeanetteKS wrote::clap: Brilliant video, thanks for posting! I met you a few times that day so great to have a video :D. Really the descent was horrid, but only for a wee while and the gentle start to losing height as well the fabulous grassy ridge walk made for a lovely day out, one that was over too soon!

Hi Jeanette. Hope all is well. We really did get a cracker of a day. I couldn't take my eyes off the view West to Ben Cruachan. Agreed on the stunning ridge walk and descent from Beinn Euanich but I'd take that over the anti-clockwise loop's initial ascent any day 😂
Thanks for checking the video out. I'm happy it has your seal of approval 👍
davidandthedrone
Mountain Walker

Munros:38   Corbetts:3
Donalds:1
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:3
Islands:1

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland