walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Tinto

Tinto

Postby ggilbert2001 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Tinto

Donalds included on this walk: Tinto

Date walked: 23/04/2011

Time taken: 2 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Not a good day for walking due to low cloud and rain, but it was better than sitting in the house.

The car park off the A73 was easy to find and the path wide and distinct. I hate the scree/loose stones put down on the path for walking up and much prefer grass!

Persistent rain and low cloud meant that after climbing to the first top about 450m the view into the valley disappeared. This is probably a good walk...on a clear day but I didnt think it was worth it with zero viability at the top.

However....its done and I can plan the next one :-)
ggilbert2001
Mountaineer

Munros:7   Corbetts:3
Fionas:3   Donalds:9
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:1

Re: Tinto

Postby SouthernUplandKing » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:16 am

ggilbert2001 wrote:Not a good day for walking due to low cloud and rain, but it was better than sitting in the house.

The car park off the A73 was easy to find and the path wide and distinct. I hate the scree/loose stones put down on the path for walking up and much prefer grass!

Persistent rain and low cloud meant that after climbing to the first top about 450m the view into the valley disappeared. This is probably a good walk...on a clear day but I didnt think it was worth it with zero viability at the top.

However....its done and I can plan the next one :-)

Its more than worth it on a clear day mate :D
SouthernUplandKing
Munro compleatist

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland