walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A'Bhuidheanach Beag

A'Bhuidheanach Beag

Postby U059361 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:57 pm

Munros included on this walk: A' Bhuidheanach Bheag

Date walked: 19/06/2022

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 13 km

Ascent: 737m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Pretty much the route as described in WH but in June it looks and behaves a bit different. I got to A'Bhuidheanach but rather than follow the route down the track, highlighted boldly with a quartzite cairn and a 6 foot stone arrow on the ground pointing down the track, I carried on till I could see the bottom of the path up to the top and walked straight towards it down the best part of the slope. It was grassy and easy going. Two small jumps and I was heading up to the top. Coming back I went along the track instead of going up the steep slope and cut over towards the second gully after some churned up ground, avoiding the steepest part of the climb back up. Tufted grass for the most part, a few diversions for cut up ground. The weather was not the best, dreich it is called, dark, windy, cold, damp. Didn't really stop at the top, just one photo, Poor visibility really, many munro tops were clouded over going up, just starting to clear as I was coming down as usual.
Attachments
WHbhuiBeag.JPG
The top, beyond quartzite rocks

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

U059361
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:38
Fionas:20   Donalds:27
Sub 2000:40   Hewitts:5
Islands:32

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland