walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cotswold Outdoor walk report of the month winners - June

Cotswold Outdoor walk report of the month winners - June

Postby Cotswold Winners » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:47 am

Date walked: 01/07/2022

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

June's walk report of the month is ghdnotcutt for Fun and sun in Fisherfield. A £100 Cotswold Outdoor voucher is on its way.

The £50 Cotswold Outdoor runner-up prize goes to litljortindan for Ben Tianavaig stravaig - as the writer says, "I think a few folk will recognise that there are two parts of your life. That is life before having climbed Ben Tianavaig and life after climbing Ben Tianavaig such is its ability to change perspectives of what might constitute a grand hill walk."

Thanks for all the posts, we loved reading them and there were loads who could have won. :clap:
Cotswold Winners

Re: Cotswold Outdoor walk report of the month winners - June

Postby litljortindan » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:17 am

This was a pleasant surprise and has paid for a new small rucksack. I used to visit Cotswolds Aberdeen when I was taking the train to work a few years ago but hadn't been since 2016. Thankfully it was easy enough to get a parking spot at Union Square and £2.50 not too bad for city centre parking. Couldn't make up my mind in store so bought online with the option of post office delivery. Made the mistake again of interpreting the parcel force message as meaning it would be at the parcel office and next joined the queue in Turriff Costcutter to find out when the co-located post office would open. Somebody then swapped their Costcutter and post office hats and fetched my parcel. There was some doubt though as to what barcode should be scanned and where it might be but right on time the person who knew appeared and I got my new rucksack. All in all not so much of a faff as I feared it might be. I even managed not to be too baffled by the e-voucher, I think eventually deciding on downloading to a google drive as being the easiest way of displaying the necessary barcode should I have made the purchase in-store.
litljortindan
Ambler

Munros:153   Corbetts:67
Fionas:29   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:47   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:10   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland