walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Stob a'Choire Odhair & Stob Ghabhar

Stob a'Choire Odhair & Stob Ghabhar

Postby David Lyall » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:54 pm

Munros included on this walk: Stob a' Choire Odhair, Stob Ghabhar

Date walked: 24/04/2011

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 16 km

Ascent: 1189m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Stob Ghabhar (11).jpg
Strange wee bothy, just before we left the estate track.
(14).jpg[/attachment]My first trip to the hills around Victoria Bridge. The weather looked quite promising as we drove towards our destination with only a whisper of clouds on the very tops, but unfortunately the further on we got with our walk the lower the cloud level got and we got no views. The only consolations was getting to the top although it was a task keeping up with Jim Milner and Gary, a task which I failed at. Thanks to Mary and Dan for getting us safely there and back.
Stob Ghabhar (17).jpg
Gary and Jim at the top of Stob a'Choire Odhair
Stob Ghabhar (3).jpg
Mary and me at the top of Stob Ghabhar
Stob Ghabhar (7).jpg
Dan's friend
Attachments
Stob Ghabhar (14).jpg
Heading towards thhills
David Lyall
Munro compleatist

Munros:200   Corbetts:28
Fionas:6   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland