walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

an evening on nevis

an evening on nevis

by mgmt! » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:54 pm

Munros included on this walk: Aonach Beag (Nevis Range), Aonach Mòr, Ben Nevis, Càrn Mòr Dearg, Sgùrr Chòinnich Mòr, Stob Bàn (Grey Corries), Stob Choire Claurigh, Stob Coire an Laoigh

Date walked: 23/04/2011

Time taken: 13 hours

Distance: 20.2 km

Ascent: 2895m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: an evening on nevis

Postby pollyh33 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:08 pm

Wow what a report! Weaklings like me have aspirations to have adventures like yours but unfortunately lack the stamina or skills to do it!! :lol:

I must ask, what would happen it you got to the shelter and it was already full??? Do people just bunch up a bit?? :o
At least it would be nice and cosy!! :) :)
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Alastair S » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:54 pm

OMG! 8 Munros & nearly 3,000m of ascent in just 20km... and you're still smiling at the end. Epic or crazy? Definitely both :lol:

Congratulations are in order & hope you make a full recovery :D
Alastair S
Hill Bagger

Munros:78   Corbetts:13
Fionas:6   
Sub 2000:13   
Islands:22

Postby mgmt! » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:11 pm

milesy, good ,man keep up the fitness, going for the mullardoch round this weekend, 53km and 4712metres of assent, heres hoping for a weather window on skye weekend.
johnny corbet, cheers mate, ive always wanted to complete the munros since i was a lad, so i will leave the rest till i complete.
klaasloopt, the atete is not too hard and there is little paths left and right if you want to come of the crest, one i will return to do in full winter conditions, mountain thyme did carry her own sleeping bag, but i think the only other stuff she had was some soda water with lime and some sort of russian drink she mixed it with ? :?
pollyh333, you aquire the skills as you go along, and mountain thyme sure has a lot of stamina, as for the emergency shelter, you would just have to bunch up, we did have a tent with us it was just easier to use the shelter.
alisters, unlike some i didnt have time to recover, was back to work on monday, up an down a ladder all day painting the outside of a house :(
mgmt!
Mountaineer

Postby mountain thyme » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Johnny Corbett wrote:Great effort and stamina you two, you are fairly getting through the Munros. Can't you start doing Corbetts and Grahams to let the rest of us mere mortals catch up? :D

come and join us :D
mountain thyme
Walker

Munros:40   Corbetts:222
Fionas:12   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby mountain thyme » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Klaasloopt wrote:Love it! :thumbup:
Will go there ASAP! Nice, clarifying pix of arrete.

Great fun MT's remark that she wasn't the one who wanted to go camping. I guess that's because she wasn't carrying the bedding:
mgmt! wrote:with a wood base for sleeping :D

:lol:

haha.. MGMT forgot to mention i had the gas, food and drink... he only had a very light weight tent!!
mountain thyme
Walker

Munros:40   Corbetts:222
Fionas:12   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Klaasloopt » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:04 pm

mgmt! wrote:klaasloopt, the atete is not too hard and there is little paths left and right if you want to come of the crest, one i will return to do in full winter conditions

The problem with pictures of hills is always: either they are photographed 'up' or 'down' aimed to tell you 'we were nuts going up here' or they are from the side, especially the arrete, aonach eagach and the likes, which, as all flanks from the side, will look vertical. Impressive pictures mystify, useful pictures de-mystify.
Klaasloopt
Hill Bagger

Munros:168   Corbetts:71
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:22   Hewitts:49
Islands:11

Postby weebookil » Thu May 26, 2011 10:28 pm

Great report.. ive always wanted to do those all in the one go .. What an achievement 8 munros in one day and sleeping on the top of Ben Nevis! Well done to both of you.. :D
weebookil
Mountaineer

Munros:245   Corbetts:1

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland