walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walk Report of the Month - May

Walk Report of the Month - May

Postby Paul Webster » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Date walked: 04/06/2009

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Another month has flown by. There have been a few wet days (see Doogz report from Skye!) but also loads of warm sunshine, and it looks like you have all been making the most of it. Walkhighlands had another record busy month, with 107,895 visits to the website and a massive 1.24 million pages download by you all (nearly 7 million hits!), with 86 new trip reports and 142 new members joining.

There's really too many to mention them all individually and loads of good quality - it's taken us quite some time to read them! Runner-up this month was Wanderlust for his three reports on the Torridon giants, Liathach, Beinn Eighe and Beinn Alligin; we also liked Papagenos' report on the Mamore Loner, Binnein Beag for its different style. But the overall winner this month, a popular one judging by the number of responses, is Kinley for his stunning high-level wild-camping trip to Knoydart. £40 of TISO vouchers are on their way :D

Don't forget - keep submitting your reports for the chance to win £40 of Tiso vouchers every month...

Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Re: Walk Report of the Month - May

Postby maddjock » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:47 pm

well done Kinley... thought this was going to do it this month as soon as I read it. 8)
maddjock
Hill Bagger

Postby Alan S » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:07 pm

well done kinley
i missed this report as i was off on holiday but as ive read it now i can see how you won 8)
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby cjwaugh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:31 pm

Well done kinley liked rthat one :D
cjwaugh

Munros:282   Corbetts:27
Fionas:9   Donalds:27+0

Postby sloosh » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:05 am

Wow! I'd missed this walk report. Absolutely stunning! :)
sloosh

Munros:62   Corbetts:1

Postby Myth » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:12 am

A worthy win - congrats.
It was not so much the quantity for me but the astounding quality of the photos, and the economy in the accompanying prose - the first really comprehensive "photo diary" I think.

It's been a great month for walks, and thanks to everyone - quite inspiring given that I haven't managed to drag my aching bones anywhere this month, other than down to Aviemore for a Bio-man rendezvous/planning meet-up.

Enjoy choosing your new kit!
Myth

Postby yokehead » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Congrats on your win & thanks again for the fine report, cheers.
yokehead

Munros:73   Corbetts:9
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:118
Wainwrights:23   

Postby kinley » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:48 pm

Woohoo! :D

Been on hols up north for last 2 weeks - just foud this :D

cheers for the kind comments all :)

A great weekend and then you get paid to share it - a win-win situation I think 8)
kinley

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland